Secret Forest Early Learning Centre
World's first childcare centre fully inspired by the "Gaia (Earth) Education Principle" (i.e. Earth inspired buildings, environments, values, curriculum, & outcomes for children). Founded by Nikeeta and Dr Darius Singh, Directors of the Chrysalis Group, their Gaia (Earth) inspired approach in Early Childhood Education has been published and presented at international forums in Europe (2018), Sweden (2018), and soon at the "World Forum on Early Care and Education" in China (2019). This is truely "childcare like you've never seen before". Hidden in a 2.5 acre native forest somewhere in South Auckland ... to be revealed in mid 2019...with a planned grand opening on "International Earth Day", April 2020.Click Here to send us an enquiry ...
World's first childcare centre FULLY immersed into the "Gaia (Earth) based Education Principle"
View extracts above, taken from our international publications where our founders Dr Darius Singh and Nikeeta Singh were invited to present at:
- International Conference for Education, Research and Innovation, (November 2018),
- International Conference for Future Learning, (December 2018),
- World Forum on Early Care and Education, (April 2019),
about our Gaia (Earth) Inspired Education to learn and see more of what our latest creation childcare centre will look and feel like. We have also published a summary of our publication GAIA (EARTH) INSPIRED ECE – A JOURNEY BACK TO THE FUTURE.
We are proud to be the first childcare centre in the world to deliver a fully immersed Gaia (Earth) based approach right across the spectrum from Earth inspired buildings, environments, values, curriculum, & outcomes for children.
Gaia (Earth) inspired Forest playground:
- Over 2.5 acres of NZ native forest to play in each day
- beautiful and calming covered forest walkway through our Nikau palm grove as you drop off and pick up from the carpark
- shallow streams throughout the property for our teachers and your child to discover and explore new life and changing scenes each day
- almost every NZ native species of trees is here to see, learn from, play around and hug!
- huge mud slide for your preschooler to .... well you know the rest!
Gaia (Earth) inspired Bio-phyilic Building:
- we adopted biomimicry techniques to design a building into the shape of a single leaf
- the building itself soars off the ground on tree hut style supports, like a leaf reaching out to touch the sun and sky
- solar cells along the leaf veins of the roof (i.e. a living, breathing, self powered building that mimics life giving functions of a simple leaf)
- rainwater harvesting (i.e. modelling Earth's sustainability principles like leaves do) . This supplies all our non-potable water for outdoor play, gardening, mudslide, laundry, and bathrooms
- "thermal roots" - and underground Earth heating system (i.e. naturally stored heat from hot summer months for use in winter, all stored inside the best insulator on Earth..... Earth itself!)
- your child will feel what it's like learning, playing, eating & sleeping inside a leaf, with a view of the leaf veins (Nikau palm fronds) from inside each room's ceilings! (a beautiful start to a life long journey of guardianship of our world and everyone/everything in it)
Gaia (Earth) inspired curriculum:
- Our early childhood education (ECE) curriculum follows the world class development - proven for over 20 years by the New Zealand Ministry of Education - known as Te Whāriki.
- The way we deliver this is inspired by existing philosophies of Nature based, Forest preschool, Reggio, Montessori, Emmi Pikler, Magda Gerber's Educarer, Gardner's Theory of Multiple Intelligences, and Friluftsliv (open air) Scandanavian approaches for teaching and learning as we deepen and connect all of these approaches with common ground principles of Gaia (Earth) itself.
- Your child will naturally absorb learning outcomes that will always find a way (like life itself) to connect with, show respect for, or see evidence in Nature via our environment. After all, Earth has been showing all life lessons and outcomes for 4.6 billion years, like "Resilience", "Innovative thinking", "Sustainability", "Empowerment", "Balance", "Respect", "Nurture", "Connectedness", "Adaptability", "Guardianship", "Continuous Improvement", "Perseverance" ...
We want your child to be naturally connected to all of this every day by simply being here.
Even though the location in South Auckland has not been revealed yet (which we expect to do mid 2019), we are being inundated with interest in securing a place, pre-enrolments, tours, & visits from parents and communities all over Auckland.
However, please continue to register your interest so we can come back to you first when our enrolment bookings begin around mid next year. Our launch of Secret Forest is on track for the grand opening in April 2020 to coincide with "International Earth Day".
Contact Secret Forest Early Learning Centre (South Auckland ... Find out more...)
Phone: 0508 PRESCHOOL
Address: Hidden somewhere in South Auckland ... to be revealed in mid 2019 with a planned open day on "International Earth Day", April 2020.
Hours: Mon- Fri 7am - 6pm