Gaia (Earth) Preschool New Zealand
A real Forest Kindy and so much more... World's first childcare centre fully inspired by the "Gaia (Earth) Education Principle" (i.e. Earth inspired building designs, environments, values, curriculum, & outcomes for children). Founded by Nikeeta and Dr Darius Singh, Directors of the Chrysalis Group, their Gaia (Earth) inspired approach in Early Childhood Education has been published and presented at international forums in Europe (2018), Sweden (2018), Asia (2019), and the largest International Earth and Space Science conference in the world (Dec 2019 in USA). This is truely "childcare like you've never seen before".Click Here to send us an enquiry ...
World's first childcare centre FULLY immersed into the "Gaia (Earth) based Education Principle"
View extracts above, taken from our international publications where founders Dr Darius Singh and Nikeeta Singh were invited to present at:
- International Conference for Education, Research and Innovation, Seville, November 2018,
- International Conference for Future Learning, Barcelona, December 2018,
- World Forum on Early Care and Education, Macao, April 2019,
- AGU100 - Advancing Earth and Space Sciences, Engaging Preschool Kids in Earth and Space Science, USA, Dec 2019,
about our Gaia (Earth) Inspired Education to learn and see more of what our latest creation childcare centre will look and feel like. We have also published a summary of their international publication GAIA (EARTH) INSPIRED EDUCATION PRINCIPLES – A JOURNEY BACK TO THE FUTURE.
We are proud to be the first childcare centre in the world to deliver a fully immersed Gaia (Earth) based approach right across the spectrum from Earth inspired buildings, environments, operations, values, curriculum & outcomes for children.
Gaia (Earth) inspired Forest playground:
- A genuine Forest Kindy, Bush Kindy, Nature Programme inspired by the Friluftsliv (open air) way of life in Scandinavia.
- 10,000 sqm (1 hectare) of NZ native forest to explore and play in each day;
- beautiful and calming forest entrance walkway through our Nikau palm grove as you drop off and pick up from the carpark;
- shallow streams throughout the property for our teachers and your child to discover and explore new life and changing scenes each day;
- almost every NZ native species of trees is here to see, learn from, play around, and look after;
- huge mud slide using our harvested rainwater for your preschooler to .... well you know the rest!
Gaia (Earth) inspired Bio-phyilic Building:
- we adopted biomimicry techniques to design a building into the shape of a single leaf;
- the building itself soars off the ground on tree hut style supports, like a leaf reaching out to touch the sky;
- solar cells along the leaf veins of the roof (i.e. a living, breathing, self powered building that mimics life-giving photosynthesis functions of a simple leaf);
- rainwater harvesting (i.e. modelling Earth's sustainability principles like a lotus leaf does) . This supplies all our non-potable water for outdoor play, gardening, mudslide, laundry, and bathrooms;
- "thermal roots" (i.e. drawing stored summer heat from 100m deep within the Earth for use in winter, all stored inside the best insulator on Earth..... Earth itself!);
- your child will feel what it's like learning, playing, eating & sleeping inside a leaf, with a view of the leaf veins (Nikau palm fronds) from inside each room's ceilings! (a beautiful start to a life long journey of guardianship of our world and everyone/everything in it).
Gaia (Earth) inspired curriculum:
- Our early childhood education (ECE) curriculum follows the world class development - proven for over 20 years by the New Zealand Ministry of Education - known as Te Whāriki;
- The way we deliver this is inspired by existing philosophies of Nature based, Forest preschool, Reggio, Montessori, Emmi Pikler, Magda Gerber's Educarer, Gardner's Theory of Multiple Intelligences, and Friluftsliv (open air) Scandinavian approaches for teaching and learning as we deepen and connect all of these approaches with common ground principles of Gaia (Earth) itself;
- Your child will naturally absorb learning outcomes that will always find a way (like life itself) to connect with, show respect for, or see evidence in Nature via our environment. After all, Earth has been showing all life lessons and outcomes for 4.6 billion years, like "Resilience", "Innovative solutions", "Sustainability", "Balance", "Mutual respect", "Nurture", "Connectedness", "Adaptability", "Guardianship", "Continuous Improvement", "Perseverance", "Unhurried processes" ...
We want your child to be naturally connected to all of these ways of life every day by simply being here.
We are being inundated with interest in securing a place, pre-enrolments, tours, & visits from parents and communities all over Auckland.
Please continue to register your interest and we will come back to you first when our enrolment bookings begin later in 2019. Our launch of Gaia (Earth) Preschool is on track for the grand opening in Nov 2020.
Contact Gaia (Earth) Preschool New Zealand (Manurewa (near Botanic Gardens), South Auckland)
Phone: 0508 PRESCHOOL
Address: 49 Grande Vue Rd,
Manurewa (near Botanic Gardens),
Hours: Mon- Fri 7am - 6pm